Creating work for a commission a process I enjoy very much. It's fantastic to work with someone who loves textile art and to craft a piece that meets your vision.
Maybe you've seen a piece I've made and would like me to create something similar. If you've seen a design I've made and would like it in different colours, or a different size or shape, get in touch and let me know.
The easiest way to get in touch is to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
I can also work with you to create an original design with a specific space or a special person or event in mind.
My usual commission process goes a little like this:
- I draft up a couple of ideas based on what you would like and email them through. Sometimes this takes a few emails and questions back and forth.
- Once you a have chosen direction from the options, we agree to a price, a timeline and you pay a deposit of half of the agreed price via paypal.
- I start work - and send through progress pictures regularly as I stitch so that you can see how it's going and ask questions, I can make adjustments etc.
- When it's done and you're happy, I send through finished pictures and request the final payment and postage.
- I then carefully pack it and send it off to you.
Prices vary according to size and complexity. But some estimates might help:
- A piece around 20 x 25cm you'd be looking at around AUD$100 to $250 - again depending upon complexity and material.
- This is for an unframed piece, ready for mounting and framing.
- Postage is extra, keeping in mind I'm in Australia. International postage for an unframed piece is usually AUD$25 - $40. This includes tracking and insurance up to $100.